How to Join
Who is eligible to become a member?
- Employees of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department (LASD) 323.526.5500
- Employees of the Los Angeles County Probation Department (LACPD) 866.931.2222
- Members of the Professional Peace Officers Association (PPOA) 323.261.3010
- Members of the Association of Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs (ALADS) 323.213.4005
- Members of the Los Angeles Sheriffs Professional Association (LASPA) 323.981.2850
- Members of the Hispanic American Police Command Officers Association (HAPCOA) 562.652.5807
- Members of the Los Angeles District Attorney Investigators Association (LADAIA) 213.974.3512
- Members of the Fraternal Order of Police – (FOP)Lodge Number 1 – 714.609.4000 (Lodge 1 Secretary)
- Immediate family members of current POPA FCU members.
- Household members of current POPA FCU members.
- Retired pensioners of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department (LASD).
- Retired pensioners of the Los Angeles County Probation Department (LACPD).
Membership for immediate family members: Immediate family members of current POPA FCU members are also eligible to join. Immediate family members include: spouses, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, grandchildren, step-parents, step-children, step-siblings, and adopted individuals. For immediate family members, a verbal approval from the existing POPA FCU member is required to be completed and documented on the membership application agreement. Immediate family members may or may not live in the same household.
Membership for household members: Household members are eligible to join, requiring a verbal approval from the existing POPA FCU member. Requirement for eligibility as a household member is that the individual is living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit; any person who is a permanent member of or participates in the maintenance of the household.
Membership for spouses of members: Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union are eligible for membership. Information may be verified with a death certificate.
Your membership gives you access to any of our convenient products and services, such as online banking, bill pay, direct deposit, payroll deduction, and so much more. As a member, you also receive one vote during an election at our annual membership meeting.
How do I become a member?
Simply open a Primary Savings account with a minimum deposit of $10.00.
Join Online TODAY!
If you don’t have access to a computer with the internet please follow the instructions below.
- Complete the Membership Application
- Complete the Membership Acknowledgement (must be notarized if mailing in).
- Mail or bring into the POPA office nearest you (include two forms of ID & notarized Membership Acknowledgement if mailing in, along with your initial deposit of at least $10.00)